Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Just another Manic Monday - 1/25/10


Don't I look ready to start this day??

Monday January 25, 2010 - Nichole the Substitute

My mom and dad had to fly to Michigan for my cousin's funeral. Because of that I took a funeral day and watched the daycare kids for my mom. I arrived at their house at 6:45. The first child arrived around 7:15 all full of energy. I had my directions from mom:


Offer Breakfast (usually a poptart or french toast sticks)

Give milk to drink


As each child came in I did my duty. My mom called to make sure I was surviving and all was well until 7:40 when I started to panic. I could not remember what time the bus came to pick up the school aged kids. I called mom...no answer. I called my sister...no answer. I asked the kids what time they go out for the bus they didn't know. That's all I needed was for them to miss the bus on my watch. Luckily my mom called back within 5 minutes (but it felt like 20) and said "If the toy room is a mess..Have them start cleaning at 8:05 and if not they go out to the bus at 8:10. Woohoo crisis averted. Check out the kids in a huddle and on the computer:





And Marcel trying to get dressed:




So the big ones are off to the bus and I am left with 4 kiddies (including Marcel). They played on the computer listened to Raffi (children's music). I wish I got a picture of this.


Around 10 I had the best idea...Start the rice so that by noon it will be cooled off enough for the kids to eat. So I went under the cabinet to get the pot and noticed that my mom could use some help organizing the pots and pans. Didn't think to snap a shot of this :(. So I organized the pots and pans when my sister informed me that something I was looking for was in other cabinet. This was the storage container cabinet. Once I opened it I figured I would tackle that one as well. Check out the before, during and afters:










I was pretty proud of myself here. By the time I finished it was 11:15. Guess what the rice wasn't even started. My great idea was just that a great idea. What was on the lunch menu today:


Rice

Meatballs

Green Beans

Tofu Pups - Marcel


Lunch finished around 12:30 then it was nap time


I went to the gym at nap time and my sister stayed with the kids. At the gym I was able to do:


Back/Biceps

45 minutes on the elliptical.


I managed to leave in time to pick Raven up when school ended @ 2:40. Then it was a mad dash to McDonalds' to pick up La Kesha' last pay check and back to moms to resume the day care duties. Luck Raven got Mickey D's for dinner. I partaked in a Minute Made Light, my favorite.


By the time I arrived back the kids were having snack and it was time to clean up from lunch. Doesn't this look like fun:










4:30 the last kid left and my daycare day was done.

6:30 off to take Raven to basketball practice.


Finally home around 8:30. Ready to close out Monday...


Wait until you hear my Tuesday........I'll fill you in on that tomorrow
Nichole

No comments:

Post a Comment