Saturday, December 26, 2009

How to Entertain the kids the day after Christmas/CVS Bargain

My usual Saturday morning routine is to get to the gym by 8AM work out hard and come home.The 4 year old received a TAG reading system from Santa and he was begging me to set it up for him. How can you say no to that request? I mean the kids is dying to read. Buy the time I finished setting it up it was around 9 and I had to head out. Wouldn't you know everyone and their mother decided to work off those Christmas cookies today. There was not one single cardio machine available. So I decided to take it upstairs to the track.


I ran 3 miles on the track then decided to venture downstairs to the wellness center to check on the cardio machine situation. I was lucky there was an elliptical open. 30 minutes on the elliptical and about 7 minutes on the stair master, 10 minutes on the bike and ended with a 2 mile jog on the tready. According to my heartrate monitor I burned 755 cals. I was pretty happy with that :).

The weather hasn't been to great with melting snow and my boys were tired of being cooped up in this house . They needed to burn some energy and it was too muddy to try out the new bikes so what could I do to entertain them you ask?? OPEN SWIM!! We were in that pool for 2 hours. Can I count that as extra exercise? Right about now 7:30PM and I think they are overtired. The 9 year old just head butted the 4 year old. OK they are settled now.


On the way home I had to stop at CVS...I had a 5off15 coupon burning a hole in my pocket and it expired today. I spent $9.83 after the deduction. Want to see what I got?
2 Christmas boxes, 2 takeout boxes, 2 packages (100ct) labels, 4 gift bags, 2 packages of tinsel and 2 bags off dove chocolate (not pictured). Not to shabby, I am ready to start baking for next Christmas already.

That's about it for today!!

Good Night.

Nichole

No comments:

Post a Comment