Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Monday Recap

Yesterday was my first day home without the kiddies. In case you didn't know I was on vacation from December 18th until today. My daycare(mom) was closed for two weeks to visit with my brother and his family for Christmas. This meant I had to spend stay home with the boys. I know the trauma. All in all it wasn't bad as you can see from previous posts I was able to entertain with the the open swim time at the Y.

Here's how I spent my day alone:

30 minutes of weights (arms/back)
30 minute jog around track
30 minute elliptical
10 minutes treadmill

According to my HR monitor I burned 713 cals.

I was back home around noon and I was starving. I knew I wanted an Asian stir fry with some veggies I bought at the Asian grocery store last week so I searched the Internet but couldn't find anything that sounded good so I attempted my own thing:

1 package tofu
bunch of kale
Napa cabbage
shredded carrots
bean sprouts
soy sauce
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 tablespoon sesame oil

I roasted the tofu in the while I stir fried the veggies in a pan. Mixed it all together and it was done. This will be my lunch for the week.

The only problem was the tofu took so long to roast that I started rummaging into the fridge and cabinets to see what I could shove in my mouth as soon as possible. I was lucky to find the grilled chicken from Sunday still in the fridge. So out came the chicken and honey mustard for a dipping sauce along with baby carrots.

As soon as lunch was consumed I began my coupon clipping session. Coupons were sorted and put in the binder.

Around 4:30 I left to pick up the boys and take Raven to his basketball practice. I packed the fixing for a tuna melt for Raven to eat at my mom's, Marcel's rice, and my stir fry mix. Dinner was eaten at Mimi's and off to practice @ 6:45. Fast forward to 8PM and home we go.

Last day of Vacation was done.

DON'T FORGET BIGGEST LOOSER TONIGHT!!

Nichole

No comments:

Post a Comment